Register to Vote!
If you will be 18 or older on the day of the next election, and you are a United States Citizen, you can register to vote at your town or city hall up to 10 days before any election. You may also register at your polling place on election day.
Registering to vote is quick and easy. You will fill out a standard voter registration form and will need to show proof of age, citizenship, and domicile. Contact your town or city clerk if you have any questions about the process.
Find Your Town Clerk
You can easily find the contact information for your town or city clerk by using the State of New Hampshire’s Clerk Information Search.
Voter ID Law
According to NH RSA 659:13, residents are required to provide photo identification when voting. Read more about the law on the NH Secretary of State’s Proof of Voter Identity Instruction Form.
- Driver’s license issued by any state or federal government
- Non-driver ID card issued by NH DMV or motor vehicle agency of another state
- Photo ID card for “voting identification only” issued by NH DMV
- United States armed services identification card
- United States passport or passcard
- NH student ID card
- A photo ID not mentioned above, but determined to be legitimate by the moderator, supervisors of the checklist, or clerk of a town, ward or city. If any person authorized to challenge a voter does so under this provision, the voter
shall be required to fill out a challenged voter affidavit before obtaining a ballot.
- Verification of the voter’s identity by a moderator or supervisor of the checklist or clerk of a town, ward or city (not a ballot clerk). If any person authorized to challenge a voter does so under this provision, the voter shall be required to fill out a challenged voter affidavit before obtaining a ballot.
NOTE: An acceptable photo ID must have an expiration date or date of issuance. The ID will remain valid 5 years beyond the expiration date unless the voter is 65 or older in which case an acceptable photo ID may be used without regard to expiration date. The name on the ID shall substantially conform to the name on the checklist.
Where do I go to vote?
The State of New Hampshire has a simple search tool to help you find your polling place.
Find your polling place »