This year, if we want to win, we must all mobilize. If you haven’t volunteered before, don’t worry! Experienced staff will help you. Look to this site for opportunities to canvass, to join a phone bank, or other volunteer options. Each week we’ll post links for you to sign up for volunteer efforts! Simply select the activity and date that interests you to sign up!
If you have any questions, feel free to call the campaign office nearest you. The number for the Dover campaign office is 842-4007. The Rochester office will be opening soon.
The Rochester Office will be opening soon.
Check back for volunteer opportunities or consider volunteering with the Dover Office!
- For hearings, be sure written testimony goes to each member of any committee holding the hearing unless you are sure you will be there to be heard.
- If you are not testifying but have a concern, whenever you can meet your legislators in person, do so.
- If you cannot appear personally to make your case, telephone.
- If you can’t call, write a snail mail, then fax your letter.
- If you can do none of the above, email.
- Always be polite and respectful.
- Be sure to advise your government leaders or their staff that you will report to all you know how you were treated. For instance, was your concern treated with seriousness and respect or ignored? You should then report to all you know using every platform available, including letters to the editor, and social media.
- Good Luck!!!
HOW A BILL BECOMES A LAW
View the process for lawmaking in New Hampshire at the NH online almanac. This reference guide has been compiled for NH.gov by the New Hampshire State Library.
How a Bill Becomes a Law in NH »
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
The League of Women Voters’ New Hampshire chapter maintains an excellent page to help you stay up-to-date on current legislation. They highlight important bills and let you know about upcoming hearings in the NH legislature.
Don’t just stay in bed with a pillow over your head! Get up! Act now! You don’t even have to make your own “to do” list, because we have found one for you – Rogan’s List! Retired librarian and fact checker extraordinaire, Susan Rogan, has thoughtfully compiled a list of facts and action items that you can do today!